Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My friend Mika and Odie

I just have to share my thoughts on how wonderful friends I have in Odie and Mika.  I took deep notice how much they love us.  

Our little fluffy dog is Odie, he was given to us from a friend. Odie came from a Spanish speaking family so when he arrived to us almost 2 years ago he didn't understand a word of English.  I didn't know this of course and didn't bother to ask but when I notice he wouldn't listen to me at simple commands such Sit but he was always excited when I called his name out "ODIE".  I knew hes not a stupid dog just didn't know the English language.  Odie knows English and I cant tell ya how good a dog he has been, his love and affection is so real and so deeply toward me and our family.  He gets so excited and cant wait to give ya affection when coming home for work.  He comes with us everywhere.    
 Before Odie came to us we had a female about 10 years old who I found on KSL list of a dog abandoned who needed a home. Her name was Mika when I seen her I could not say no.
 She was in such poor shape, over weighted and her hair looked like it hadnt been brushed, let alone her toe nail never been clean or cut that was 2004,  I felt he heart beat with mine. 
 I excepted to take her I put her in front of my mini truck cab.  We arrived home and I let her smell around assured her this is her own yard and her own family and she can have anything she wanted, cause she didn't look well and all I can offer her is a good ending with her world of being 10-11 years old and abandoned.  I took Mika down to the pet store for a groom and a manicure.  She looked so much better and I know it made her feel better she was now being taking care of.  We had her 2 years before Odie came to us. 

The next year 2009 Mika wasn't acting right and was not moving around to much. That afternoon my son (24 yrs old) called and told me Mika's not right she wont move. I raced home to find Mika laying under a tree still breathing I laid her on my lap and held her letting her know I loved her dearly and then she was gone. I cant express the loss I lost that day. My husband buried her in the back year near a beautiful rose bush that my mother wanted to plant next to her.  She was our whole family friend and loved one. Mika was able to find love from Me, my husband, my son and my daughter along with grandkids and the rest of the family who knew her.  She has been the best dog and loving dog anyone could ask for.  

I felt so bad for Odie, she was Odie best friend as well. Odie was not himself and I knew I had to do something quick.  Even having her inside the house she didn't feel right. Not long someone had told me that they found another female on KSL for free.
Another Alaskan Malamute, I jumped onto it, When I seen the photo on line she looked just like Mika, this Malamute was 4 yrs old.  When I spoke with the owner he told me that since getting married the dog isn't being responsive and is more of a burden then all.  I hadn't yet seen the female malamute, But when he mention her name was Mika I knew then it was our dog. "Yes" this dogs name was also name Mika,  That was all I needed to drive 50 miles north and except her into the same truck 1st Mika was riding in.  

Brought her home and she loved the big back yard and of course this little fella waiting in the yard as well, they have been best friends and will cry and wine if one is absent from each other.

Its now been 2 Years and we have Mika and Odie who both are very much apart of our family. I couldn't ask for any better friends then I find in these two beautiful animals. Since then I have adopted a cat named Diamond and she get along well with the dogs and with that were all content.

this photo was taken 3 years ago just before 1st Mika passed, but this photo was taken when my mother pasted away, Mika stayed close to me thought the whole day. She knew my heart was hurting and she made me feel good by being their next to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for shareing how wonderful friends I have in Odie and Mika. I took deep notice how much they love us.

    ReplyDelete